Fair Housing Two-Part Series
Training by: Attorney Kristin Molloy, Kimball, Tirey, & St. John, LLP
A staple in the property management industry, this two-part series provides an in-depth look for individuals looking for refresher training or for a company looking to train new and seasoned employees. Register today and understand how you can learn valuable tips from a risk management perspective including:
- Being familiar with the state and federal laws
- Recognizing your exposure
- Understanding the protected classes (Including Source of Income)—City of San Diego
- Following prudent leasing procedures (from rental criteria, marketing, & screening, to denial or move-in)
- Establishing and enforcing community policies
- Handling complaints
- Smart maintenance practices
- Sexual harassment
- And many more issues that you MUST know about if you own or manage rental property
- Understanding what disability is (and is not)
- Determining who qualifies as disabled (and who doesn’t)
- Knowing how to handle all the disability differences in your Marketing, Leasing procedures, Rental criteria, Community policies, and Termination of tenancy.
- Handling requests for accommodations and modifications
- Determining what accommodations and modifications are reasonable (and what aren’t)
- Accommodations from A (animals) to M (mental issues) to P (parking)
- Elderly Residents
- Accessibility requirements under the ADA and Fair Housing laws
- Problem-solving when disability issues arise (no two issues will be alike)
- Specialized issues, such as medical marijuana, hoarding, live-in caregivers, motorized scooters, and other issues.
All classes will be presented in a live webinar format. When registering, attendees must provide a personal e-mail address to receive the webinar information. Webinar links are unique to the individual, meaning duplicate e-mails are not allowed.
When registering there are three options: Part 1, Part 2 and Full Series. If you are registering for both part 1 and 2 select the options for the Full Series. When you register for the full series you will receive a $5 per class discount. Note that students registering for the series must be the same attendee attending part 1 and 2.
All purchases, both online, via email and in-person, are FINAL. There are NO REFUNDS, CREDITS, OR EXCHANGES, even for classes/ webinars purchased by mistake or at a non-member rate. Make sure that if you are a member, you log in to your account to receive member pricing. Please confirm your order before payment.
For More Information:
San Diego, CA 92123 858.278.8070