Join a Committee
GET INVOLVED with Southern California Rental Housing Association
What better way to get involved in the Southern California Rental Housing Association, than by lending your expertise and enthusiasm to one of the many committees? Work with other owners, property managers, and supplier members on a wide range of committees that either support the growth and development of the association or help plan the fun networking events held throughout the year.
You should join a committee if…
- You think SoCalRHA should have done X instead of Y
- You don’t think your voice is heard
- The SoCalRHA should focus on providing X instead of Y
- You like seeing your work in action
- You think politicians just don’t understand your business
- You want to increase the size of your industry network
- You want to show your support of the industry to clients
- You want to gain leadership experience
- You're just out of school and want to meet others in the industry
- You've been in the industry for a long time and want to pass on your knowledge
Next Generation Emerging Leaders - New in 2023!
The Next Generation Emerging Leaders (NextGen) Committee aims to create a growth-oriented experience for all committee members and members of the SCRHA 40 years and younger. This collaborative group of like-minded individuals works towards engagement, charitable efforts, and leadership development. They are committed to building the future leaders of our industry and association.
Legislative Steering Committee
Reviews proposed and pending legislation that affects the rental housing industry to develop policies and positions that protect the industry and provide recommendations to the Board of Directors. Participation is by appointment only. Meets on the first Thursday of the month at 10:00 AM.
The Events Committee develops and promotes the Innovations in Rental Housing Education Conference & Expo, Charity Golf Tournament, and Mark of Excellence Awards Ceremony. Meets on the Third Thursday of the month, 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
The Education Committee is charged with the continued development, scheduling, and marketing of new and timely seminars and classes, as well as developing a faculty of competent instructors. Topic areas include NAAEI designation programs, Independent Rental Owner Classes, Supplier Council offerings, Maintenance Training, Legal/Legislative/Operations informational, and training offerings. The Education Committee is charged with developing educational seminars for the Innovations in Rental Housing Education Conference & EXPO. Meets on the third Tuesday of the month from 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.