SCRHA shares the perspective of the rental housing community in the news.
- September 27, 2023 - KPBS: San Diego rents are above the national average, but they're leveling out
- August 12, 2023 - San Diego Union-Tribune: Rent control will be back on the ballot next year. What could that mean for San Diego?
- July 2, 2023 - Times of San Diego: Opinion: New Tenant Protections Are Important Compromise to Support Quality Housing
June 23, 2023 - NBC 7: New rental protections coming to city of San Diego
- June 1, 2023 - CBS 8: Debate over SB 10 heats up with Mayor Gloria's Housing Action Plan 2.0
- May 16, 2023 - FOX 5: San Diego is strengthening tenant protections. What does that mean for landlords?
April 27, 2023 - The Real Deal: Legislative committee nixes California rent cap proposal
April 25, 2023 - Patch: San Diego Council Expected To Vote On Tenant Protection Ordinance
April 26, 2023 - ALM Globest.com: San Diego Proposes Stronger Renter Protections
April 25, 2023 - NBC 7: San Diego City Council Approves New Rental Protections in Initial Vote
April 25, 2023 - KPBS: San Diego City Council approves Tenant Protections Ordinance intended to combat homelessness
April 21, 2023 - Voice of San Diego: Basically Everyone’s Got Beef with San Diego’s Proposed Tenant Protections
April 19, 2023 - FOX 5 San Diego: City ordinance would require rental relocation assistance, more renter protection
April 18, 2023 - San Diego Union Tribune: San Diego renters' rights would soar under city's proposed plan
April 18, 2023 - KPBS: San Diego leaders unveil tenant protection ordinance to combat homelessness
April 18, 2023 - KUSI: Mayor Todd Gloria to unveil Tenant Protection Ordinance to combat homelessness
April 18, 2023 - The City of San Diego: Mayor Gloria and Council President Elo-Rivera Introduce Draft Ordinance to Protect Renters
- March 30, 2023 - KPBS: Tenant rights activists show support for Imperial Beach family facing eviction
- February 28, 2023 - The San Diego Union-Tribune: Chula Vista’s renter protection laws kick in today. Here’s what you need to know
- December 15, 2022 - The San Diego Union-Tribune: Someone San Diego Should Know: Brian Smith
- December 15, 2022 - inewssource: New eviction case filings hit five-year high while cities explore stronger tenant protections
December 7, 2022 - KPBS: Mayor Gloria, Council President Elo-Rivera release tenant protection framework
December 7, 2022 - Voice of San Diego: Morning Report: Mayor, Council Prez Outline the Tenant Protections They Want
December 7, 2022 - Fox 5: New protections could be coming for San Diego renters
- December 6, 2022 - Times of San Diego: Mayor Gloria, Council President Elo-Rivera Release Tenant Protection Framework
- December 6, 2022 - The San Diego Union-Tribune: What could change for renters and landlords under San Diego’s newly proposed renter protections
December 6, 2022 - NBC 7: San Diego City Leaders Propose New Protections for Renters
December 6, 2022 - ABC 10: Mayor Gloria, Council President Elo-Rivera release tenant protection framework
December 6, 2022 - CBS 8: Mayor Gloria, Council President Elo-Rivera release tenant protection framework
- November 18, 2022 - The Sar News: CV tenant protections on track
- October 31, 2022 - San Diego Union-Tribune: San Diego poised to declare ‘housing a human right’ and strengthen renters’ rights
- October 30, 2022 - San Diego Union-Tribune: Part II: Who gets to live on Bermuda Avenue: The moneyed newcomer or long-time, low-income local?
- October 29, 2022 - San Diego Union-Tribune: Part I: ‘You’re pushed out and pushed out’: Should San Diego protect renters from no-fault evictions
October 1, 2022 - NBC 7 Reusable Rental Screenings Could Save You Money, But Will Landlords Accept Them?
- July 7, 2022 - The San Diego Union-Tribune: New San Diego contractor proposal aims to fight wage theft, but will it slow housing projects?
- July 1, 2022 - The San Diego Union-Tribune: Priced out of buying a house? Well, renting one in San Diego just got more expensive
- June 24, 2022 - The Californian: Housing study: Vacancies diminishing as rents increase
- June 17, 2022 - The Alpine Sun: Places to live becoming harder to find
- June 15, 2022 - Times of San Diego: Apartment Vacancies Plunged in San Diego County Over Past Year as Rents Rose 15% - Times of San Diego
- June 3, 2022 - The Star News: City Council pauses on tenant and landlord ordinance
- May 24, 2022 - ABC 10: The Power of Personal Appeal
- May 22, 2022 - CBS 8: San Diego renters protected with new 'no fault' eviction ban
- May 20, 2022 - KPBS: San Diegans about to have more eviction protections
- May 18, 2022 - Fox 5 San Diego: Debate continues on Chula Vista tenant protection ordinance
- May 18, 2022 - CBS 8: Chula Vista considering tenant protection ordinance
- May 17, 2022 - KUSI News: Chula Vista City Councilmembers hesitate to consider controversial Residential Landlord and Tenant Ordinances
- May 16, 2022 - KUSI News: Chula Vista City Council to consider highly controversial Residential Landlord and Tenant Ordinance
- May 16, 2022 - San Diego Union-Tribune: Chula Vista to consider temporary eviction ban, permanent no-fault rules
- May 16, 2022 - Fox 5 San Diego: Chula Vista Considers Ordinance To Give Renters More Protections
- May 16, 2022 - NBC 7 San Diego: Chula Vista to Consider Ordinance Strengthening Protections for Tenants
- May 13, 2022 - The Star: Property owners line up to oppose stricter tenant protection laws
- March 28, 2022 - The San Diego Union-Tribune: Opinion: San Diego rents could rise 9 percent. Here's what renters and landlords should know.
February 18, 2022 - The Star News: Looking for a Problem