Fair Housing for Maintenance
Training by Attorney Shanly Hopkins, Kimball, Tirey & St. John
Many people make the mistake of thinking that Fair Housing only pertains to leasing and management personnel. This is not true . Maintenance staff have the most interaction with residents and thereby have the most opportunity for accidently committing a fair housing mistake which could lead to a complaint.
It is imperative that your staff have the latest fair housing information in order to avoid a complaint. Maintenance staff typically have many questions on proper procedures relative to fair housing. This course will answer the most common concerns and provide answers and tips on how to handle many situations.
In this course you will learn:
- The definition of the seven protected classes under the Federal Fair Housing laws.
- The definition of the Califorinia protected classes.
- What is fair housing.
- The specific forms of discrimination prohibited by the laws
- How to manage service requests fairly and consistently to avoid discrimination complaints
- What are reasonable accommodations and modifications that must be made to allow a handicapped person to fully enjoy their rental home and much more
Do you hold the CAPS, CAM,CAMT, CAPS IROP or CALP Designation? If yes, this class counts towards your Continuing Education Credits (CECs). Receive 1 Credit toward your CECs..
Register early! Space is limited!
No walk-ins will be allowed.
All attendees are required to wear a mask while attending the event. Mask must fully cover both mouth and nose. No exemptions.
All purchases, both online, via email and in-person, are FINAL. There are NO REFUNDS, CREDITS, OR EXCHANGES, even for classes/ webinars purchased by mistake or at a non-member rate. Make sure that if you are a member, you log in to your account to receive member pricing. Please confirm your order before payment.
For More Information:
San Diego, CA 92123 858.278.8070