Fair Housing for Maintenance
* Registration open until 5/24/22 at 9:00 AM (PDT)
Training by Attorney Susie Lein, Kimball, Tirey & St. John
Many people think that Fair Housing compliance only pertains to leasing and management personnel, but this is not true. Maintenance teams often interact with residents, increasing the opportunities for accidentally committing a Fair Housing violation.
Ensure that your staff has the knowledge needed to avoid a complaint. This course will answer the most common concerns and provide your maintenance team with effective solutions for handling many different situations.
This course covers
- An overview of Fair Housing.
- The definition of the seven protected classes under the Federal Fair Housing laws.
- The definition of California protected classes.
- The specific forms of discrimination that are prohibited by Fair Housing laws.
- How to fairly and consistently manage service requests to avoid discrimination complaints.
- An overview of reasonable accommodations and required modifications that allow a person to fully enjoy their home.
Do you hold the CAPS, CAM,CAMT, CAPS IROP or CALP Designation? If yes, this class counts towards your Continuing Education Credits (CECs). Receive 1 Credit toward your CECs..
Register early! Space is limited!
No walk-ins will be allowed.
Southern California Rental Housing Association (SCRHA) events may be photographed or video recorded. By participating in this event, you consent to your photograph/video recording being used for promotional purposes including but not limited to SCRHA promotional material, website and social media.
All purchases, both online, via email and in-person, are FINAL. There are NO REFUNDS, CREDITS, OR EXCHANGES, even for classes/ webinars purchased by mistake or at a non-member rate. Make sure that if you are a member, you log in to your account to receive member pricing. Please confirm your order before payment.
For More Information:
San Diego, CA 92123 858.278.8070