Solution Series: Harassment Prevention
Join us July 21, 2021 from p.m. for an in-depth webinar on sexual harassment prevention. In this webinar SDEA staff will review many of the items presented to managers so all employees understand harassment is illegal in California. California law requires all supervisors and non-supervisors take harassment prevention training every two years. This meets all state requirements. Certificates will be issued to all attendees.
- Working and Managing during #MeToo and #TimesUpHa
- rassment is most often a form of unlawful discrimination
- Differences between intent and impact
- Personal liability exists in California for harassers
- What are some of the laws?
- Serious issues may be a violation of the law, not just policy
- Harassment is self-regulated and changeable conduct or behavior
- Harassment is based upon an employment relationship
- Harassment is behavior or conduct that interferes with any employee’s ability to do their job
- Understanding of the types of harassment (QPQ, Hostile)
- Understand the consequences of bullying in the workplace
- What it means to promote a harassment-free and discrimination-free work environment
- Importance of reporting, investigating and communicating to each party
Communications, investigations, statistics and manager liability
Instructor: Jennifer Jacobus, San Diego Employers Association
Register early! Space is limited!
Do you hold the CAPS, CAM or NALP Designation? If yes, this seminar counts towards your Continuing Education Credits (CEC). Receive 1 Credit toward your CECs.
All classes will be presented in a live webinar format. When registering, attendees must provide a personal e-mail address to receive the webinar information. Webinar links are unique to the individual, meaning duplicate e-mails are not allowed. If registering multiple people, be sure to include unique emails for each, so that everyone receives their unique join link.
Cancellation Policy: All purchases, both online, via email and in-person, are FINAL. There are NO REFUNDS, CREDITS, OR EXCHANGES, even for tickets purchased by mistake or at a non-member rate. Make sure that if you are a member, you log in to your account to receive member pricing. Please confirm your order before payment.
For More Information:
San Diego, CA 92123 858.278.8070