SCRHA Housing Provider & Resident Rights and Responsibilities
As members of the Southern California Rental Housing Association, we are partners in creating a thriving community by providing quality rental housing for all. We value our residents, our fellow members, and our community and are working to support a healthy housing ecosystem through advocacy, education, and collaboration.
As housing providers, we believe we have the responsibility to provide California renters with:
- Quality housing with habitable and healthy living conditions.
- Freedom from arbitrary eviction, retaliation, or discrimination in line with all federal and state fair housing laws.
- Fair and equal resident protections and policies that balance the needs of renters, housing providers, and the community.
- A voice in housing decisions with respect and access equal to that of housing providers.
- An innovative and collaborative housing ecosystem where government, businesses, housing providers, and rental advocates work together to solve the region’s housing issues by identifying the underlying problems and crafting balanced solutions.
- Adherence to housing quality and equity standards and regulations.
All California renters also have a responsibility to their housing provider to:
- Review and follow rental agreement terms, including timely rental payments.
- Maintain a clean and habitable home.
- Be a good neighbor by respecting others’ peace and quiet.
- Provide timely reporting of any issues and necessary repairs.
- Keep open lines of communication with the property owner or manager.