Legislative Update - July 8, 2022
County of San Diego Extends Voucher Incentives
The County of San Diego Enhanced Landlord Incentive program has been extended through July 31, 2022. This package of incentives includes:
- LEASING BONUS: Landlords may receive up to $2500 for each unit newly leased to a person experiencing homelessness.
- APPLICATION EXPENSES: Financial Assistance of up to $50 may be paid directly to landlords to cover application costs, such as a credit report and application fees.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT ASSISTANCE: Receive up to two months’ rent security deposit.
- HOLDING FEES: May be available for eligible participants.
- LANDLORD LIAISON: Valued landlord partners receive personal customer service staff member.
Click here to learn more.
Increasing Rents? Visit the SCRHA Rent Cap & Just Cause Page for Guidance!
For properties in Imperial, Riverside, and San Diego counties subject to AB 1482/State Rent Caps, the cap will be 10% for rent increases that take effect August 1, 2022 or later.